Essential Single Family Rehabilitation Program
The Kerr-Tar Council of Governments (COG) has been granted membership by the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA) under the 2021 cycle of the Essential-Single Family Rehabilitation Loan Pool Program (ESFRLP2021). Funding from this program will assist with essential and critical repairs to single-family homes that are owned and occupied by lower-income households. These repairs help veterans, seniors and persons with disabilities stay in their homes, saving on health care and long-term care costs.
- The home must be located in Warren County;
- The home must be owner-occupied;
- Site built and off frame modular units will be eligible for considerations, however manufactured housing is not eligible for assistance;
- The house must have a full-time household member who is an older adult (age 62+), disabled or a veteran, or a household with a child under the age of six whose health is threatened by the presence of lead hazards;
- The gross annual household income must not exceed 80% of the area median income for Warren County;
- The property cannot have been repaired or rehabilitated with public funding of $30,000 or more within the past 10 years;
- The cost of rehabilitation cannot exceed the ESFRLP2020 Program Guideline limit of $30,000.
Applications are available by calling Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments at 252-436-2040 or click the link below.
Applications should be returned as soon as possible, but no later than November 5, 2021 at noon to the Kerr-Tar COG, PO Box 709, Henderson, NC 27536 or to 1724 Graham Avenue, Henderson.