NCWorks Career Centers
NCWorks Career Centers are user friendly facilities in our area that provide job seekers training/education and employers access to career training and job placement services. They also serve as a connection between businesses and qualified workers.
The NCWorks Career Center System was created as a way to combine the resources and services of several organizations under one roof. The result is a one-stop career center for individuals seeking employment and training as well as a resource for employees seeking qualified job candidates, training programs, displaced worker services and more. Local, statewide, and national resources give NCWorks Career Centers unparalleled reach in making the right connection between employers and job seekers.
At your local NCWorks Career Center, workforce development professionals from diverse partner agencies work together under one roof to provide services including, but not limited to:
- Free computer and internet access
- Resume preparation
- Information on the job market
- Help with job serarches
- Career guidance and assessment
- Information on training and education
- Access to training classes, workshops, and resources for training
- Unemployment insurace claims
- Veterans’ services
- And more!
To find the NCWorks Career Center closest to you, click HERE!
NCWorks Career Centers assist job seekers in every step of the job search process. We provide a number of services and referrals at no charge to help you find a job. Through an NCWorks Career Center office, get the assistance you need to put your job search plan together.
- View job listings through NCWorks Online.
- Attend workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills, networking, social media, and online applications.
- Obtain your National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC), a portable credential that can be presented to employers to verify your skill levels in math, reading, and locating information–the 3 areas most jobs require. Signed by the Governor, the NCRC is a nationally recognized credential.
- Sign up for Caree Ready 101, an online tutorial that provides training and practice exercises for the NCRC as well as fine tuning your workplace and behavioral skills.
- Use our computer resource room for internet job searches, completing online applications, writing cover letters and resumes, and then emailing or faxing them to employers.
- Strengthen your computer skills with our interactive tutorials.
- Complete career assessments to learn what jobs might appeal to you.
- Learn what jobs are in demand by employers in the Kerr-Tar Region and the training opportunities available to prepare for those jobs.
- Find out the average pay rates for various jobs in the area.
If we don’t offer a service you need, we can usually refer you to an agency, business, or organization that does. At NCWorks Career Centers, our customers come first! We look forward to seeing you soon.
NCWorks Certified Career Pathways
Career Pathways has been used in education for years to describe how someone moves through education, training, and on to a career. The NCWorks Certified Career Pathways program in the Kerr-Tar Region is designed to help job seekers understand what is necessary to build a career with our local industries.
Click below for NCWorks Certified Career Pathways Diagrams to learn more about careers in each of these industries:
To learn more about our region’s NCWorks Certified Career Pathways initiative or to discover your pathway, visit the Triangle Regional Career Pathways site at www.trianglecareerpathways.com.